Play This
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Play This

The Rewind, Play This' message board.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Colt Ford in-depth interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Colt Ford in-depth interview Empty
PostSubject: Colt Ford in-depth interview   Colt Ford in-depth interview EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 pm

Colt Ford to play at Guitars and Stars Benefit

Elliot S. Volkman
editor@playthismag.com

The First Annual Guitars and Stars concert series sponsored by US 101 and Northwest Georgia Bank will be holding a benefit concert. The Helene DiStefano Fund will present Jamie Johnson, Luke Bryan, Colt Ford and mem-bers of Zac Brown Band with all proceeds going to mothers with breast cancer.
“Rather than just handing them a check, we physically pay their bills,” said executive director Rachel Houghton, executive di-rector of the Helene DiStefano Fund. “All of the money will stay local to help mothers reduce stress and families are able to stay together.”
The concert will begin at 7 p.m. at the Northwest Georgia Bank amphitheater located at 264 Catoosa Circle, Benton Place Cam-pus, Ringgold, GA, 30736.
“This is a family event,” said Houghton. “We know it’s a school night but we want people to bring their entire family.”
Tickets for the concert are $25 a person and for groups of five or more it’s $20. Tickets can be purchased at all Northwest Geor-gia Bank branches
The Helene DiStefano Fund was est. in July, 2001 by Dr. Deborah DiStefano, an ophthalmologist in Chattanooga, Tn, to honor the memory of her mother Helene DiStefano who died in May of 2000.
For more information about the Helene DiStefano Fund check hdfgive.org

In-depth interview with Colt Ford:
A native of Athens, Ga, Colt Ford combines a bit of country with a bit of hip-hop. Ford is only among a few that uses the rap/country combination and as his song, “No Trash in my Trailer” is on regular rotation on CMT and con-stantly on the top 10 indie country artists on Myspace, he has proved himself to the public.
“I’ve collaborated with Jamey Johnson, John Michael Montgomery (remix roll with me), Brantley Gilbert, Bone Crusher, Jeremy Popoff or the rock band Lit and Adrian Young guitarist of No Doubt,” just to name a few. Ford is also going to be working with Tim McGraw for his next album, which is due out next summer.
Growing up Ford listened to varied pallet of music, “I like a mix of everything, when I was a kid it was 80s rock, hip-hop and country,” said Ford. “Bands like Run DMC, Elvis, Kenny Rodgers, Johnny Cash, Stevie Wonder, any-thing that’s real,” he said. “I don’t really like the bands that have been obviously put together, but I still appreciate their work. If it’s real I dig it.”
Starting off in his entertainment life as a class clown, Ford strived to simply make people laugh and have a good time. “I always loved music, I was the entertainer, class clown and wanted them to have fun and just make people laugh. It led me to where I’m at.”
Ford got started in the music world after a seven year pro golf life, “I play a lot of golf, played pro for seven years and became a golf pro teacher. I also went All American in baseball and had base ball scholarships,” said Ford. “I find stuff to do to keep myself busy, golf keeps me out of trouble.” Ford also mentioned playing golf with friend, Justin Timberlake, “he’s a good player.”
While not on the road or playing golf Ford spends his time with his family. “I have a 13-year-old daughter and a 9-year-old son. A wife that supports me, takes care of everything at home while on the road, just very blessed to have my wife, she’s my best friend.” Ford’s wife was also the one who helped create the name Colt Ford, “when she said it, I just thought it was cool.” Ford had expressed how much he appreciates having his parents and in-laws living near home to help out while on the road and how supportive they are.
“Fans on the street don’t bother me at all, I love hearing all their stories, especially those who will come up say how its made their day better, made them laugh, the fans are just very respectful,” he said. “I answer every message that is sent to me on Myspace, my management tells me I’m to accessible but they can deal with it.”
Last Friday, Ford released a remix of,”Roll with me,” in collaboration with Montgomery Gentry on his Myspace page and is working towards the release of his newest album.
Ford’s current album, “Ride Through the Country,” can be purchased through his Web site and should be out at Wal-mart shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://playthis.board-directory.net

Colt Ford in-depth interview
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Play This :: Play This articles :: News-
Jump to: